mortar additive hpmcMay 11th 2023
Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose is a non-ionic cellulose ether made from natural polymer refined cotton through a series of chemical processing. Mainly used in the construction industry: water-resistant putty powder, putty paste, tempered putty, paint glue, masonry plastering mortar, dry powder insulation mortar and other dry building materials.
Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose has good water retention effect, easy construction, and a variety of viscosities to choose from, which can meet various needs.
Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose ether with good performance can significantly improve the construction performance, pumping and spraying performance of mortar, and it is an important additive in mortar.
1. Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose ether has excellent water retention properties and is widely used in various mortars, including masonry mortar, plastering mortar and ground leveling mortar, to improve the bleeding of mortar.
2. Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose ether has a significant thickening effect, improves the construction performance and workability of the mortar, changes the fluidity of the product, achieves the desired appearance, and improves the fullness and use volume of the mortar.
3. Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose ether can improve the cohesiveness and operability of the mortar, overcome the common problems of shelling and hollowing of ordinary mortar, reduce blanking, save materials, and reduce costs.
4. Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose ether has a certain retarding effect, which can ensure the operating time of the mortar and improve the plasticity and construction effect of the mortar.
5. Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose ether can introduce a proper amount of bubbles, which can greatly improve the frost resistance of the mortar and increase the durability of the mortar.
6. Cellulose ether combines physical and chemical effects to retain water and thicken. It can produce substances that cause micro-swelling during the hydration process, so that the mortar has a certain micro-swelling performance and prevents the mortar from hydrating in the later stage Cracking caused by shrinkage in the medium increases the service life of the building.