hydroxypropyl methylcellulose HPMC in Plastering MortarFebruary 2nd 2023
1. Redispersible latex powder improves the compressive strength and flexural strength of tile adhesive.
2. The redispersible latex powder is dispersed into a film and acts as a second adhesive to play a strengthening role;
3. The protective colloid is absorbed by the mortar system (it will not be destroyed by water after film formation, or “secondary dispersion”);
4. The film-forming polymer resin is distributed as a reinforcing material in the entire mortar system, thereby increasing the cohesion of the mortar;
5. The addition of redispersible latex powder increases the elongation of the mortar, thereby improving the impact toughness of the mortar, and also gives the mortar a good stress dispersion effect.
6. The redispersible latex powder reduces the elastic modulus of the mortar, improves the deformability and reduces the cracking phenomenon.
7. Redispersible latex powder improves the bonding performance of tile adhesive. The bonding mechanism relies on the adsorption and diffusion of macromolecules on the sticky surface. At the same time, the rubber powder has a certain degree of permeability. Together with the hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose ether 8. The surface of the base material is fully infiltrated, so that the base layer and the newly plastered The surface properties are close, thereby improving the adsorption and greatly increasing its performance.
9. Redispersible latex powder improves the wear resistance of the mortar. The improvement of abrasion resistance is mainly due to the presence of a certain amount of glue on the surface of the mortar. The glue powder plays a role in bonding. The net membrane structure formed by the rubber powder can pass through the holes and cracks in the cement mortar, improving the base material and The bonding of cement hydration products improves the wear resistance.
10. Redispersible latex powder gives tile adhesive excellent alkali resistance