Tile Adhesive Chemical Additives Cellulose Ether HPMCDecember 4th 2023
Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose (HPMC)
1. Construction industry: As a water retention agent and retarder for cement sand slurry, the slurry is pumpable. Used as a binder in plastering plaster, gypsum material, putty powder or other building materials to improve the spreadability and extend the operating time. Used for pasting ceramic tiles, marble, plastic decoration, pasting enhancer, and can also reduce the amount of cement. The water-retaining properties of HPMC prevent the slurry from cracking because it dries too quickly after application, enhancing the strength after hardening.
2. Ceramic manufacturing industry: widely used as a binder in the manufacture of ceramic products.
3. Coating industry: As a thickener, dispersant and stabilizer in the coating industry, it has good compatibility in water or organic solvents. As a paint remover.
4. Ink printing: as thickener, dispersant and stabilizer in the ink industry, it has good compatibility in water or organic solvents.
5. Plastic: used as a mold release agent, softener, lubricant, etc.
6. Polyvinyl chloride: It is used as a dispersant in the production of polyvinyl chloride. It is the main auxiliary for the preparation of PVC by suspension polymerization.
7. Other: This product is also widely used in leather, paper products industry, fruit and vegetable preservation and textile industry.
Hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC)
As a non-ionic surfactant, hydroxyethyl cellulose has the following properties in addition to thickening, suspending, binding, floating, film-forming, dispersing, retaining water, and providing protective colloids:
1. HEC is soluble in hot or cold water, and does not precipitate at high temperature or boiling, so that it has a wide range of solubility and viscosity characteristics, and non-thermal gelation;
2. The non-ionic itself can coexist with other water-soluble polymers, surfactants and salts in a wide range, and is an excellent colloidal thickener containing a high concentration electrolyte solution;
3.The water retention capacity is twice as high as that of methyl cellulose, and it has good flow regulation.
4. The dispersion ability of HEC is the worst when compared with the recognized methyl cellulose and hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose, but the protective colloid is the strongest.
Uses: It is generally used as a thickener, protective agent, adhesive, stabilizer, and an additive for preparing emulsions, jellies, ointments, lotions, eye cleansers, suppositories, and tablets. It is also used as a hydrophilic gel, matrix Materials, preparation of matrix-type sustained-release preparations, can also be used as stabilizers in food.