Rdp Redispersible Polymer Powder for Tile Adhesive EIFSJune 6th 2023
1. Air-entraining. Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose ether hpmc has strong air-entraining properties, while hydroxypropyl starch ether has no air-entraining properties.
2. Hydroxypropyl starch ether can effectively improve the anti-sag and anti-slip properties of mortar. Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose ether hpmc usually can only increase the viscosity and water retention of the system, but can not improve the anti-sag and anti-slip performance.
3. Thickening and viscosity. Generally, the viscosity of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose ether hpmc is about tens of thousands, and the viscosity of hydroxypropyl starch ether is several hundred to several thousand, but this does not mean that hydroxypropyl starch ether is not as thick as mortar. Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose, the thickening mechanism of the two is different.
4. Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose ether hpmc molecular structure. Although starch and cellulose are both composed of glucose molecules, their composition is different. The orientation of all glucose molecules in starch is the same, while cellulose is the opposite. The orientation of each adjacent glucose molecule is opposite. This structural difference also determines the difference in the properties of cellulose and starch.
5. Compared with hydroxypropyl methylcellulose ether hpmc, hydroxypropyl starch ether can significantly increase the initial yield value of ceramic tile adhesive, thereby improving its anti-slip performance.