Questions about You Should Know about HPMCMarch 23rd 2023
The main purpose of hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose
1. Construction industry: As a water-retaining agent and retarder of cement mortar, it makes the mortar pumpable. Used as a binder in plaster, plaster, putty powder or other building materials to improve spreadability and prolong operation time. It can be used as a paste tile, marble, plastic decoration, paste enhancer, and can reduce the amount of cement. The water retention property of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose HPMC prevents the slurry from cracking due to drying too fast after application, and enhances the strength after hardening.
2. Ceramic manufacturing industry: widely used as a binder in the manufacturing of ceramic products.
3. Paint industry: As a thickener, dispersant and stabilizer in the paint industry, it has good compatibility in water or organic solvents. As a paint remover.
4. Ink printing: As a thickener, dispersant and stabilizer in the ink industry, it has good compatibility in water or organic solvents.
5. Plastics: used as mold release agent, softener, lubricant, etc.
6. Polyvinyl chloride: Used as a dispersant in the production of polyvinyl chloride, and is the main auxiliary agent for the preparation of PVC by suspension polymerization.
7. Others: This product is also widely used in leather, paper products, fruit and vegetable preservation and textile industries.
8. Pharmaceutical industry: coating materials; film materials; rate-controlling polymer materials for sustained-release preparations; stabilizers; suspending agents; tablet binders; viscosity increasing agents.