Tile Adhesive Chemical Additives Cellulose Ether HPMCDecember 4th 2023
The use of mortar as an insulation material in building construction can improve the insulation performance of the outer wall insulation layer, reduce indoor heat loss, and avoid uneven heating between rooms, so it has been widely used in building construction.
High-quality gypsum mortar requires reasonable material coordination. Let’s take a look at the original synthesis of gypsum mortar.
The role of gypsum mortar raw materials:
Chemical gypsum: Chemical gypsum is an important part of mortar. We can also call it industrial reproduced gypsum. It is mainly composed of calcium sulfate waste residue, so it is very convenient to make and can realize resource reuse. In fact, chemical gypsum is a kind of engineering waste, which has become an important chemical raw material through the development of scientific researchers. Another point is that the production process of building gypsum cannot be the same as that of natural gypsum, and a special drying process must be adopted to reduce its water content. It is formed by sieving and calcining at a certain temperature. Only in this way can it meet the national certification standards and meet the requirements of thermal insulation construction.
Vitrified microbead lightweight aggregate: The most important component in gypsum mortar is vitrified microbeads, which are commonly used insulation materials in modern building construction and have good thermal insulation properties. It is mainly made of an acidic glass material through high-tech processing. In the application construction, the vitrified microbead aggregate has a very smooth texture and has the advantages of high temperature resistance, abrasion resistance and good heat insulation.
Gypsum mortar additives:
1. Redispersible latex powder: Redispersible latex powder is a powdered thermoplastic resin made by spray drying and subsequent processing of polymer emulsions. The main purpose is to improve the cohesion, flexibility and adhesion of the mortar to the substrate. The adhesion of the polymer is more dependent on the adsorption and diffusion of macromolecules on the bonding surface, which interacts with the hydroxyethyl cellulose ether to infiltrate the substrate. The surface makes the surface of the base material close to the surface of the mortar, thereby improving the adsorption between them and significantly improving the bonding performance.
2. Wood fiber: Lignin fiber is a natural material that absorbs water but does not dissolve in water. Its function lies in its own flexibility and the three-dimensional network structure formed by mixing with other materials, which can effectively weaken the drying shrinkage of the mortar during the drying process of the mortar, thereby improving the crack resistance of the mortar. Adding wood fiber to mortar can improve construction performance. Qingquan Cellulose reminds everyone to choose short or medium length lignin fiber.
3. Water-retaining thickener: In order to improve the workability of the mortar and increase the water-retaining, fluidity and sag resistance, it is usually necessary to add cellulose ether. The use of hydroxyethyl cellulose ether can better play the role of water retention and thickening, especially in summer construction.
4. Composite retarder: According to the construction requirements of gypsum products, the operating time is an important indicator of its performance, and the main measure to extend the operating time is to add a retarder. Commonly used gypsum retarders are alkaline phosphate, citrate, tartrate and so on.
5. Filling: The use of heavy calcium carbonate (heavy calcium) can change the workability of the mortar and reduce the cost.
Only good raw materials can be made into high-quality gypsum mortar. Gypsum mortar is a new type of wall plastering material. We hope that we can better promote the development of the construction industry.