redispersible latex powder RDP for tile adhesivesDecember 7th 2023
As we all know, cement, gypsum or lime based plaster is one of the main applications of cellulose ether. In comparison, HPMC is widely famous in function materials. Today we will study more about the application of SLEOCHEM cellulose ether for wall plaster.
1.What is plaster?
Plaster also named as render, which is a building material used for the protective or decorative coating of walls and ceilings and for moulding and casting decorative elements. Another imprecise term used for the material is stucco, which is also often used for plasterwork that is worked in some way to produce relief decoration, rather than flat surfaces.
Cellulose ether is one of the most important additives used in cement, lime and gypsum plaster. Normally HPMC-hydroxypropyl methylcellulose and MHEC-methyl hydroxyethyl cellulose are selected to use in the formulation as the thickener agent and water retaining agent.
2. The Classify of plasters:
Gypsum, lime or cement plaster
3.The Guideline for plastering:
(1) Preparation of the working surface:
· Clean and free of dust.
· Working temperature is no risk of freezing
· Reasonably dry
· If the projection on the wall surface is more than 12mm, then knock it off, so as to obtain a uniform surface of wall.
(2) Mixing the plaster
· All the tools should be cleaned before use to prevent contamination.
· Add water into mixing bucket, don’t add any other additives in the packaged plaster.
· Make sure check the expiry date of the plaster before mixing