redispersible latex powder RDP for tile adhesivesDecember 7th 2023
Welcome to SLEOCHEM. In order to improve the brittleness and high elastic modulus of the traditional cement mortar, the cement mortar is given good flexibility and tensile bond strength to resist and delay the cracking of the cement mortar. Since the polymer and the mortar form an interpenetrating network structure, a continuous polymer film is formed in the pores, which strengthens the bond between the aggregates and blocks some of the pores in the mortar. Therefore, the performance of hardened modified mortar is much better than that of cement mortar.
According to the investigation of cellulose ether powder, Inner and outer wall putty powder, tile adhesive, tile jointing agent, dry powder interface agent, external wall thermal insulation mortar, self-leveling mortar, repair mortar, decorative mortar, waterproof mortar and external thermal insulation dry-mixed mortar.
First, the role of redispersible latex powder in putty mainly includes the following aspects.
1. Improve the adhesion and mechanical properties of putty. Dispersible polymer powder is a powder binder made of special emulsions (polymers) after spray drying. The powder can quickly disperse into an emulsion after contacting with water, and has the same properties as the initial emulsion, that is, it can form a film after the water evaporates, and has high flexibility, high weather resistance and high adhesion to various substrates. In addition, the hydrophobic latex powder can make the mortar have good water resistance.
2. Improve the cohesion of the putty, excellent resistance, alkali resistance, wear resistance, and enhance the flexural strength.
3. Improve the waterproof and air permeability of putty.
4. Improve the water retention of the putty, increase the opening time, and improve the workability.
5. Improve the impact resistance of the putty and enhance the durability of the putty.
Second, the role of redispersible latex powder in mortar mainly includes the following aspects.
1. Improve the compressive strength and flexural strength of mortar.
2. The addition of latex powder not only improves the elongation of the mortar, thereby improving the impact toughness of the mortar, but also endows the mortar with good stress dispersion.
3. Improve the bonding performance of mortar. The bonding mechanism depends on the adsorption and diffusion of macromolecules on the surface to be adhered. The rubber powder has a certain permeability and fully penetrates into the surface of the substrate together with the cellulose ether, so that the surface performance of the base layer is close to that of new plastering, thereby improving the adsorption and greatly improving the adhesion. improve its performance.
4. Reduce the elastic modulus of the mortar, improve the deformation ability, and reduce the cracking phenomenon. 5. Improve the abrasion resistance of mortar. The increase in wear resistance is mainly due to the presence of
a certain amount of glue is bent on the surface of the mortar, and the glue powder plays a bonding role. The mesh structure formed by the glue powder can pass through the holes and cracks in the cement mortar. Improve cement hydration products, thereby increasing wear resistance.
6. Give the mortar excellent alkali resistance.
Third, the role of redispersible latex powder in tile adhesive mainly has the following aspects. The main results are as follows:
1. With the increase of cement dosage, the adhesive strength of tile adhesive increases, and the tensile adhesive strength after water immersion and the tensile adhesive strength after heat aging also increase. The amount of cement should be greater than 35%.
2. With the increase of the amount of redispersible latex powder, the tensile bond strength of tile adhesive after soaking in water and the tensile bond strength after heat aging increase, but the tensile bond strength after heat aging increases significantly.
3. With the increase of the amount of cellulose ether, the tensile bonding strength of the tile adhesive increases after thermal aging, and the tensile bonding strength first increases and then decreases after immersion in water. The higher the cellulose content, the better the effect of ether is about 0.3%. Therefore, when using redispersible polymer powder, pay attention to the dosage so that it can really play its role.