mortar additive hpmcMay 11th 2023
1. Starch ether can effectively improve the anti-sagging and anti-slip properties of the mortar. However, cellulose ethers can generally only increase the viscosity and water retention of the system, but cannot improve the anti-sagging and anti-slip properties.
2. Thickening and viscosity. Generally, the viscosity of cellulose ether is about tens of thousands, while the viscosity of starch ether is several hundred to several thousand, but this does not mean that starch ether is not as thick as cellulose ether in thickening mortar, and the thickening mechanism of the two is different.
3. Compared with cellulose ether, starch ether can significantly increase the initial yield value of tile adhesive, thereby improving its anti-slip performance.
4. Air-entraining. Cellulose ether has strong air-entraining properties, while starch ether has no air-entraining properties.
5. Molecular structure of cellulose ether. Although both starch and cellulose are composed of glucose molecules, their composition is different. The orientation of all glucose molecules in starch is the same, while cellulose is the opposite. The orientation of each adjacent glucose molecule is more common and commonly used are potato starch, tapioca starch, corn starch, wheat starch, etc. Compared with cereal starches with higher fat and protein content, the starches of root crops such as potato and tapioca starch are more pure.
1. Thicken the mortar, increase the anti-sagging, anti-sagging and rheological properties of the mortar, such as in the construction of tile glue, putty, and plastering mortar, especially now that mechanical spraying is required High fluidity, for example, is especially important in gypsum-based mortar .
2. Extend the opening time For ceramic tile glue, it can meet the requirements of special tile glue with extended opening time.