Questions about You Should Know about HPMCMarch 23rd 2023
HPMC manufacturer-Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose HPMC Cement Based Tile Adhesive
Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose are types of non-ionic cellulose ether, which are a powder of white to off white color, that function as a thickener, binder, film-former, surfactant, protective colloid, lubricant, emulsifier and suspension and water retention aid. In addition, there types of cellulose ethers exhibit properties of thermal gelation, metabolic inertness, enzyme resistance, low odor and taste, and PH stability.
Due to the myriad of properties, HPMC is often used to substitute many other additives with lower concentration, making HPMC an incredibly efficient and effective additive in area of adhesives, construction, foods, household products, pharmaceuticals and etc.
COMMON NAME Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose HPMC Cement Based Tile Adhesive
CAS NO. 9004-65-3
STANDARDS COMPLIANT ENTERPRISE STANDARD
CHEMICAL FORMULA R=CH2CH(CH3)OH
PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES:
* Particle size: 98.5% passes through 100 mesh; 100% passes through 80 mesh.
* Charring temperature: 280-300ºC.
* Bulk density: 0.25-0.70 g/cm3 (Usually around 0.5 g/cm3 )
* Real specific gravity: 1.26-1.31.
* Browning temperature: 190-200ºC.
* Surface tension: (2% water solution) 42-56dyn.cm.
* Properties: Dissolved in water and some organic solvent such as ethanol. propyl alcohol. ethylene chloride, the water solution is of surface activity.
It is a nonionic surface active agent. Gelation temperature is different for different grades. For example, among 60RT Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, 60 is gelation temperature, Namely, 2% water solution will form gelation at 60%.
STORAGE:Sealed and kept in a dry place
PACKAGE:Woven polypropylene bag