Cellulose Ether Manufacturer Supply HPMC for Putty Powder
Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (HPMC) is a cellulose ether that is commonly used in the formulation of putty powder. Putty powder is a construction material used for filling surface imperfections on walls and ceilings before painting or wallpapering. HPMC is added to putty powder for various reasons:
- Water Retention: HPMC improves water retention in the putty mixture, preventing it from drying out too quickly. This allows for better workability and application.
- Thickening: HPMC acts as a thickening agent, enhancing the consistency of the putty mixture. This helps in achieving a smooth and even application on surfaces.
- Adhesion: HPMC contributes to the adhesion properties of putty, ensuring that it adheres well to the substrate.
- Improved Workability: The addition of HPMC can improve the overall workability of the putty, making it easier to spread and shape.
- Reduced Sagging: HPMC helps reduce sagging or slumping of the putty on vertical surfaces, ensuring that it stays in place during application.