mortar additive hpmcMay 11th 2023
redispersible polymer powder products are water-soluble re-dispersible powder, divided into ethylene/vinyl acetate copolymer, ethylene acetate/tertiary carbonate copolymer, acrylic acid copolymer, etc., the powder adhesive made after spray drying, with polyvinyl alcohol as the protective colloid.
This powder in contact with water can be quickly dispersed into emulsion, because the re-dispersion of latex powder with high bonding ability and unique properties, such as: water resistance, construction and insulation, so their application is extremely wide.
Advantages of redispersible latex powder
No need to store and transport with water, reducing transport costs;
Long storage life, anti-freezing, easy to keep;
Small size, light weight, easy to use;
It can be mixed with hydrocoagulant binder and mixed into synthetic resin modified premix. When using, only water needs to be added, which can not only avoid errors in mixing at the site, but also improve the safety of product handling.
Redispersible use of latex powder
redispersible polymer powder is mainly used in: internal and external wall putty powder, ceramic tile binder, ceramic tile gouging agent, dry powder interface agent, external wall insulation mortar, self-leveling mortar, repair mortar, decorative mortar, waterproof mortar external insulation dry mix mortar.
In order to improve the weakness of traditional cement mortar, such as brittleness and high elastic modulus, etc., the purpose of mortar is to provide better flexibility and tensile bonding strength of cement mortar, so as to resist and delay the occurrence of cracks in cement mortar.
As the polymer and mortar form an interpenetrating network structure, a continuous polymer membrane is formed in the pores, strengthening the bond between aggregates and blocking part of the pores in the mortar, so the performance of the hardened modified mortar is greatly improved compared with that of cement mortar.
The role of re-dispersible emulsion powder in mortar:
1. Increase the compressive strength and flexural strength of mortar.
2. The addition of latex powder improves the elongation of mortar, thus improving the impact toughness of mortar, and at the same time gives mortar a good stress dispersion effect.
3. The bonding property of mortar is improved.The bonding mechanism is based on the adsorption and diffusion of macromolecules on the sticky surface, while the rubber powder has a certain permeability, and cellulose ether together fully infiltrate the surface of the base material, so that the base and the new plastering surface performance is close, thereby improving the adsorption, make its performance greatly increased.
4, reduce the elastic modulus of mortar, improve the deformation ability, reduce cracking phenomenon.
5. Improve the abrasion resistance of mortar.The improvement of abrasion resistance is mainly due to the presence of a certain amount of adhesive bent on the surface of mortar. The adhesive powder plays a bonding role, and the retinal structure formed by the adhesive powder can pass through the holes and cracks in the cement mortar.The adhesion between base material and cement hydration product is improved, so as to improve wear resistance.
6. The mortar is endowed with good alkali resistance